Welcome to the Satellite


Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. Yes, I've been here before. Some of you might know me from my days of blogging on comics with my pal Doug over at Bronze Age Babies (https://bronzeagebabies.blogspot.com/). We had a great run for seven years and Doug keeps the BAB alive on Twitter. I can't say enough good things about Doug, He and I continue to stay in touch, and we even will be teaming up again soon. More about that later.

Some of you may be here because you are listeners of Planet 8 (planet8podcast.com), the twice-monthly podcast that I am a part of with my pals Larry and Bob, where we talk about all things geek. At the time that I write this, we've been doing it for just over two years and have 53 episodes finished, so not too shabby.

I also do some tweeting on stuff, mostly science fiction-related, but sometimes music or comics, so that's another outlet. But lately I've been feeling the need to explore some ideas that just can't be done in one or two tweets. So it's back to this archaic form of communication.

So what am I going to focus on here? Mostly science fiction, in all its various forms. There will be Star Trek, of course. That goes without saying (although I just said it). Some old film favorites, like Planet of the Apes and 2001: A Space Odyssey, which have raised a million questions for me. Science fiction books, old and new, will get a look. Of course, I've always loved comics, so they are part of the mix. I have an abiding interest in science, and even though I am no longer doing research myself, I still work to promote research, so there may be some real world science brought in too.

But that doesn't mean I might not talk about fantasy films, music, or even UFOs , or whatever pops into my head. Hopefully it will be entertaining, but just like with the BAB before, it's the desire to start a conversation that prompts this endeavor.  Your comments are not only welcomed but essential. So, that's the plan. Hope to see you around.

Karen

Comments

  1. To Boldly Blog...

    Wishing you success in your new endeavor, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks my friend! And have no doubt, we will have some ape activity here soon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi J.A.! Thanks for coming by. It's like old home week! ;)

      Delete
  3. Bring it on! We'll be reading......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings and felicitations from me, too, albeit a bit late (it's due to the time delay involved with the telescope I use to monitor your planet...)
    Great to see you back in the geeky blogosphere, Karen, esp. since the focus will be on science fiction - a topic near and dear to my heart. And as you're probably already well aware, I'm always up for a good Star Trek discussion...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Super-Blog Team-Up: Planet of the Apes: Tales from the Forbidden Zone

Chillers, Thrillers, and Killers: Films for A Creepy October

The Mandalorian: The Moral Dilemma